The Rideshare Company will help save the planet. Think that’s too big a promise? Consider the impact that each car has on the environment. Then multiply that impact by hundreds – thousands nationally and well…you get the idea.
The Rideshare Company has already seen results including:
- 576 million less miles traveled
- 15 million fewer vehicle trips
- 287 thousand fewer tons of emissions released into the air
- 27 million gallons of gasoline conserved
Looking for a great reason to rideshare?
- The average household uses 1,143 gallons of gas per year.
- It is expected that the number of cars and trucks on already crowded highways will double in the next 30 years.
- The average American spends 434 hours (that’s 18 days!) in his/her car each year.
- Every car annually emits its own weight in carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Driving your car 20,800 miles a year emits 23,600 lbs of CO2.
- Cutting 25 miles a week from your driving saves 1,500 lbs of CO2.
- The US could save 33 million gallons of gas each day if the average commuting vehicle carried one additional person.
In one year, the average passenger car consumes 550 gallons of gas and emits:
- 80 pounds of hydrocarbons
- 606 pounds of carbon monoxide
- 41 pounds of nitrogen oxides
- 10 thousand pounds of carbon dioxide
In one year, the average SUV consumes 915 gallons of gas and emits:
- 114 pounds of hydrocarbons
- 894 pounds of carbon monoxide
- 59 pounds of nitrogen oxides
- 16.8 thousand pounds of carbon dioxide